Monday, August 27, 2007

Hey this is the intern speaking...


Hello, I am proud to introduce myself as Leave No Trace’s current intern. Leave No Trace is a rewarding organization to work for and a great opportunity to learn the operations behind it all. Thus far it has been an exceptional ride learning skills in nonprofit management and outreach, and what it is they do behind the scenes. There is a great employment culture here that makes my experience that much more enjoyable, I never knew professional careers could be so fun!

Here is a bit of background information about myself, I am a senior at the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks, studying Marketing and Nonprofit Management. I was given the opportunity last spring to come out to Boulder for my internship, since then I have decided to extend this journey until December! Who would blame me? I will then return and graduate in May.

I will now take this opportunity to squeeze in a favorite tourist attraction from my home state. Since ND is one of the fewer visited states in the nation, I want to capitalize a place that I think many people would enjoy but know very little about. On the western side of ND lies rugged terrain and amazing rock formations creating a beautiful “lunar” landscape. This rugged terrain is home to the historic Theodore Roosevelt National Park, which once served as catharsis for the President after he had lost his wife and mother. There are many features the park offers including dozens of miles of trails that allow for back country hiking and camping, horse use trails, and mountain biking trails all which connect you to the amazing views of the badlands and wildlife. I encourage anyone to detour up north or take a trip and experience what the National Park has to offer!

"I never would have been President if it had not been for my experiences in North Dakota" - Theodore Roosevelt

“I never would have been the Leave No Trace intern if it had not been for my experiences in North Dakota” – Alicia Brossart

No comments: