Thursday, November 8, 2007

Preface - My Trip to Moab

This Thanksgiving, 10 reunited friends will travel from around the country to reunite in Moab. Looking forward, I can tell you a few things I'm looking forward to.

1) Not having to clean out a turkey, and wait ALL day for it to roast in the oven.
2) Getting to spend this holiday with my partner and friends - and possibly begin a new tradition.
3) Finding substitutes for our Thanksgiving Dinner favorites, of which stuffing, cranberry sauce & pumpkin pie are on the top of my list.

And finally...

4) Teaching all of my friends how to use a Restop, a personal portable sanitation system.  Free camping did not necessarily equal on-site waste containment.  So, in an effort to not have our campsite turn in to a minefield of either poo or cat-holes, and so we are NOT those people who leave their waste at the base of a crag, we will be packing it out.


Re: There will be a post/photos of this adventure in two weeks, and counting.  Get ready.

No comments: