Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dog and Woman Take to the Bike


Two weeks ago, I finally had the opportunity to meet an extraordinary woman and her companion: a Washington-based veterinarian and Leave No Trace advocate and her yellow Labrador Retriever, Mitchell. Towing her dog in a trailer, she will bike across the country in 2009, teaching Leave No Trace along the way. We hope to have great stories and photos to share with you about Fisher’s travels throughout the year. We do not yet have photos of Mitchell and companion thus the photo included is merely in place to whet your appetite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an exciting adventure! I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and I teach in an urban public school. I teach 4 classes called Empowering Urban Youth and I would love to have my students chart your bike route, or become involved in some way. Have a website? Best of luck to you!

TwigsandRocks said...

Go to MrMitchellandDoc.com. Under Contact Us you can email her and let her know you are interested. She'll love this. As will Mitchell, of course. Enjoy.