Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wildlife Funnies

In my opinion, humor is always a great tool for teaching, particularly humor accompanied by funny graphics. And it's not always easy to be funny when you're talking about the Leave No Trace principle Respect Wildlife.  In many cases, the outcome from people not knowing how to properly interact with wildlife can be downright gloomy. Here is a particularly amusing comic/video about what to do if you encounter a bear. It might not be exactly what Leave No Trace teaches but we get the point and it's pretty funny. I should warn though, it is rated PG (in my opinion) due to some mild violence and graphic images...

2 comments:

Fred Theilig said...

Cute. I'll show my boys. Of course that means I'll need to buy some pepper spray before I can take them to a city park.

John Edward Harris said...

This is GREAT! Very informative, and I have not laughed so hard in a long time.