Friday, July 2, 2010

4th of July Weekend Outings

This weekend, there's a good chance many of you will be heading to the outdoors to enjoy time with family and friends celebrating our country's independence -the 4th of July. I tried explaining exactly what the 4th of July was all about to my young children this morning. (I think I did a mediocre job since they seemed more interested in the Queen and whether or not she was still around).

In any case, our ability to get outdoors, seek experiences in nature that help nurture our beings seems very related to our freedoms gained more than 200 years ago. A 4th of July, State Parks video I came across this morning talks about our independence and the important role our State Parks play historically and currently. Take a look and enjoy a Happy, Safe 4th of July.

http://www.americasstateparks.com/article_68_video_independenceday.html

No comments: