Friday, March 18, 2011

Why are you passionate about Leave No Trace?

Today on our Facebook page we posed this phrase for our followers to complete: "I am passionate about Leave No Trace because ___________________." I'm inspired by the responses I've read so far and encouraged. I am a Leave No Trace member for exactly this reason - because I am part of a community of people who are passionate about protecting the places we play, and I want others to respect the outdoors too.

We've all seen what happens when people don't, right? Just last week I was hiking and found new foot trails, dog waste in a bag that someone left on the side of the trail, and the seemingly ever-present litter. What can I do in moments like that? It makes me proud to belong to Leave No Trace. I believe that the more people understand the Leave No Trace ethics, the longer our open spaces will be preserved.

Why are you passionate about Leave No Trace?

No comments: