Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Leave No Trace for clean waters

Raise your hands if you love clean water to play in? So do I. As a Southern California native, I learned to swim before I learned to walk. Water sports are a part of me and I've dedicated my life to raising support to protect the places I love.

And so it really bothers me (as I'm sure it bothers you) when people trash the places I love.

I am thrilled to introduce you to one of our newest partners, United By Blue. UBB is a brand of ocean-friendly apparel that, for every product sold, removes one pound of trash from oceans and waterways -- in the U.S. and around the world. As a company UBB gets its hands dirty by cleaning up trash left by other people. So far, they've hosted 50 cleanups around the country and plan to remove 100,000 pounds of trash by the end of the year, and 1 million before the end of 2012. Our Leave No Trace community is ready to get involved to keep our favorite places clean. In the coming weeks we will let you know about opportunities for cleanups across the country and I hope you will consider lending a hand. In fact, I hope you'll invite a friend and use the opportunity to teach them about Leave No Trace. After all, trash in our public lands and waters is one of the many recreational impacts that are entirely preventable and seeing the impacts of trash first-hand is a powerful learning experience.

UBB is excited to work with Leave No Trace too and they've offered a special promotion just for you. From now until the end of September enjoy $10 off any purchase at unitedbyblue.com. Enjoy a new item and keep our waterways clean.



Check out the great video from UBB that defines organic cotton in less than 3 minutes. I know I learned something.

No comments: