Monday, December 19, 2011

Late night bear bag visit?




Have you ever been laying in your tent, about to fall asleep, and realized that you either forgot to put that chapstick in your pocket into the bear bag or you just need one more piece of chocolate before dozing off? It seems to happen to me all the time, which is why I have used reflective cord for hanging my bear bags for many years.



While there are likely several options on the market these days, I have been using the Kelty Triptease Lightline (50 ft. Guyout Cord), and have always been very happy with it. The cord has reflective material embedded in it which makes it show up at night when hit with light from your headlamp. This makes those after dark trips to the bear bag a cinch.

I'm not sure how many times this cord has saved me from an epic late-night bear bag search but it's been several. It's worth a try on your next trip...

For more information on hanging bear bags, visit: http://leavenotracecommunity.blogspot.com/2011/11/hanging-bear-bag.html

No comments: