Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spirit of Cooperation

I work at Leave No Trace part-time and I am a full time graduate student at University of Colorado-Denver. Over the course of the past semester I have come to appreciate the spirit of cooperation between myself, my classmates, and professors. It is refreshing to walk into class knowing that there will not be a spirit of competition, but a willingness to work together so that the class as a whole succeeds. 


I believe the same thing should be happening between outdoor enthusiasts. Even though we all have different sports that are true to our hearts, and we want the best for those sports, we have to remember to keep a spirit of cooperation within our community. This insures that we do not compete against one another, but work together to protect and improve our public lands. this willingness to work together, just like in my classes, would insure that we as a whole benefit!

No comments: