Tuesday, October 28, 2008

City Oasis

To get to one of my favorite outdoor places, I don't even have to get in my car. Sloan's Lake Park in northwest Denver is a large urban open space, joining Cooper and Sloan Lake and offering, in my opinion, equally beautiful views of the front range and the city skyline (I recommend visiting around dusk).

It's close enough to many Denver neighborhoods that all you need to do is put on a pair of running shoes or hop on a bike and you can be there in minutes. Although it doesn't necessarily provide an "escape" from the city crowd, there is quite a bit of space for all to roam, and it's a stress free alternative to making the journey up a crowed I-70 corridor.

Unfortunately anytime I'm there, it's without a camera, so I've included a link to the city's greenprint page, which offers information on many Denver city parks.

http://www.greenprintdenver.org/environment/index.php

Enjoy!

No comments: