Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Steve Kominsky: Oregon's 10 in 6 Challenge for Leave No Trace



Leave No Trace member, Steven Kominsky contacted us recently with the following:

“I live in southern Oregon, a region that is associated with purity and beauty. However after decades of destructive logging, increased illegal off highway vehicle use and general destructive behavior in national forest and wilderness lands our backcountry is in danger. I spend a tremendous amount of time in the forest and I am tired of seeing illegal trails, camps and trash.

In June of 2011 I will be completing a challenge never before done in Oregon, Oregon's 10 in 6 Challenge. I will be climbing the tallest 10 mountains in Oregon in 6 days.”


Along the way, Kominsky with the help of friends documenting his personal challenge, will collect trash and raise awareness and funds for Leave No Trace.

Stay tuned for more about Kominsky and his Challenge in the coming months.

No comments: